Sunday 18 October 2009

The first CRIT

Four weeks into the course and look what arrives - the first crit. As an adult it is really daunting to pin your precious work up in front of the rest of the group and the tutors. I really can apreciate how my own students have felt over the last few years. Sorry guys if I was anything other than kind and constructive.

Really nervous about the whole process so decided to get my crit out of the way in the first batch so that I could relax and take note of everyone elses work and hopefully get more inspiration than just the feedback from my own crit.

The whole process wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be, although having the tutor draw over my 'beautiful' drawing was a bit difficult to get my head around. Next time I will photocopy the work before the session so that I can see the before and after images.

The outcome is loads of adjustments to be made so hours and hours of work before going back to the studio next week. And not only drawings to re-do but a major effort to master sketchup, photograph autumn gardens, get together images for a time line, down load and digest notes and the list goes on and on!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment