Tuesday 27 October 2009

The pressuer builds up

Five weeks completed and the pressure is starting to build. Project work is the biggest issue, as at the moment there just isn't enough time to learn all the technical computer stuff and then put it into practice. I really feel I could have done with the (now cancelled) earlier sessions on Google SketchUp as I am struggling with software that I have never tackled before. And what about power point. The time line project seems straight forward enough and goodness knows I have enough reference material at my finger tips but coming to grips with software that I haven't used for ages and on windows vista is proving a huge challenge. Moan, moan, moan.....

On a lighter note the session on Friday was excellent and much more related to the RHS Horticulture course I completed last year. The visit to Orchard Dean Nursery was wonderful, the sun shone so that I was able to get more autumn photos. Chris (the owner) was so enthusiastic that the prospect of a drive home in Friday night traffic paled into insignificance.

More photos were added to my stock with a visit to RHS Whisley on Sunday. Again the weather was perfect and with the extra hour due to the clocks going back, I arrived quite early and got the best of the place before it was over run with loads of visitors.

The gardens are fabulous at this time of year - well worth for anyone who thinks that autumn in the garden is dull.

Off to tackle more SketchUp now - hopefully the session tomorrow will shed loads more light on the subject!

No comments:

Post a Comment